I chose the word relax because it is almost like a foreign language to me.
I haven’t quite grasped the idea. I mean, I understand the definition of the word. I just can’t seem to turn off the to-do list that is in my head. This could be one thing that I will never master.
If you could sit down with my husband and ask him, he’d tell you that I’ve lightened up a little but I still have a hard time relaxing when I know there is so much to be done.
Here are a few things I do try to do during moments that I can turn my brain off.
1. Snuggle : I enjoy snuggling with my babies. Reading to them, playing with them, or teaching them several of the next few of my favorites.
3. Photograph : I love to head out just for the purpose of taking pictures. I enjoy walking around and finding something beautiful to capture.
2. Read : I love to read. It’s relaxing plus I almost always either learn something or am entertained.
3. Bake : My grandma started teaching me how to bake probably when I was three or four years old. We would make cookies or pies on a weekly basis.
4. Play : I love to play Words With Friends. This is another love that came from my grandma. We would play scrabble every single time I visited. She was so smart yet somehow I would win more often than not.
5. Exercise : This will sound crazy but I love to work out. I don’t always have the motivation to get it done but once I’m dressed and ready I’m good! I’m getting ready to start Insanity for the second time after losing a bit of weight (almost 35lbs. now).
These are all things I’ll be working on this year. I need more me time in my life.
Let’s be honest here. I am a much better wife and mom when I’ve had a little bit of alone relaxation time.
What do you like to do to relax?