I fell into a trap!
The trap of doing for everyone else except myself. That is not healthy!!
I’m here to tell you that if you are in the same boat I am, it’s okay to work on you. It’s okay to do things that make you happy! It’s okay to work on you.
Here are a few things I’ve started doing and it’s helping me feel like I’m taking care of myself again.
I’m also here to tell you that it’s okay to take care of you. In fact, it’s necessary!
- Spending quality time with the family. This is non-negotiable for me. I wish I could give every waking hour to my kids but the fact is I can’t. I multiple jobs, a house, family, friends, a husband, and myself. When it’s their time, it’s their time. This means no interruptions if at all possible!
- Eating better! There’s something weird that happens after you’d have kids and are in your 30′s. That metabolism just isn’t what it used to be.
- Exercise. I’ve taken up yoga for now. After Insanity and T25 I wanted something less stressful on my back and my mind. I like it. I still can’t turn my mind off but I’m working on it!!
- Spending time with friends. This week was the ultimate for me! I got to see six of my most favorite people on this planet all in one week. This is amazing because four of them live two or more hours away from me. The bottom line is we’ve been making the time to see those we care about even during busy seasons and life changes.
- Reading and growing! This is a big one for me. It’s easy to get caught up in other things and forget to take time to read. Right now I’m reading Undivided Mom. It’s changing the way I look at working from home.
- It’s okay to say no. Well. This one seems self-explanatory but it’s really not. For some reason we feel we need to be supermom or superwoman and take on too much. I do it. In fact, I’m still doing it. I’ve learned though that the world is not going to end if I say no.
More on all of these later but for now, here’s what I’m working on in my life. I don’t know about you but I’m a better wife and mom when I’m focused and refreshed. The things that are important come before anything else.
Grab a button and link up!! We’d love to have you.